Re: Installing XFSTT on HAMM

On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 06:36:08AM +0200, Peter Granroth wrote:

> [stuff snipped]
>
> > > "bring over the windows fonts and put them in /var/lib/ttfonts
> >
> > yikes no...ok=20
> > package version 0.9.7 : /var/ttfonts
> >
> > latest packages of 0.9.9: /usr/share/fonts/truetype
> >
> > > then run xfstt --sync
> > > then run xfstt &
> > > then just edit XF86Config to include that font server and run X"
> >

> > bacsically yea :) add
> > Fontpath "unix/7100" (for pre xfstt0.9.9-4 or so)
> > or
> > Fontpath "unix/7101" for the latest ones
> >

> Shouldn't it be:
>
> FontPath "unix/:7101"
>
> that's what I use and it works great (haven't tried without a colon there
> though)

um um....ahh.....um...
yes it works great for me too...
I always for get the colon...sorry :)

> +         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
> + mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
> +     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +

hmm like the sig...its so true...
I havn't run windows in um what month is it...yea 10 months now (except
at work where I HAVE to).

Man life has been easier...have only rebooted a few times since...
only had 1 software related crash (I heard the GIMP has been crashing
systems...did it to me...couldn't even telnet in) and a coupla
hardware related ones ... a hard drive...memory went bad...
but...all in all...life is simpler!

The only side effect is that ive started buying old Sun Sparcstations...
It looks like I only have a couple of months left to live too...
but thats mostly because if I keep buying Sun Stations my girlfriend is
going to kill me....

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"