Re: [2] AWE 64, Sound blaster...........

phillip Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have try to do that. When i run the install script linux said:
>
>         [root@Proton] /usr/src/awedrv --> ./install.sh
>         Linux source root directory [/usr/src/linux]
>         checking the version of installed sound driver..
>         sound driver is USS
>         copying source files: awe_wave.c awe_hw.h awe_version.h                 awe_compat.h
>         copying header files: awe_voice.h
>         copying config file
>         done.
>
>         Please configure and remake linux kernel (and modules).
>         Answer YES to 'AWE32 synth support' in Sound menu
>         when configuring your kernel.
>         Also, you should keep other SoundBlaster options, too.
>
> Then i look at the kernel configration (make menuconfig), and nothing
> new apears (in sound menu). Nothing about AWE32. What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thanks, Phillip Neumann, filsin@bigfoot.com
>
> You wrote:
>
> >Did you run the install.sh script from the awedrv package?  I believe
> >it's located in /usr/src/awedrv (assuming that awedrv is installed, of
> >course).  You'll need to do that prior to configuring your new kernel
> >settings, to apply the AWExx patches.

Just a thought. I first had this same kind of trouble when I first started out. What I do now
every time I get a new kernel or wish to repatch my kernel source,

1. make mrproper
2. make menuconfig
3. goto a different console and run install.sh in the Awe32 patch
    I do leave the configuration program running.

You might try this.

Hope this helps.
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu