Re: Problem with MATLAB 5.2.1 and Debian 2.0

On 17-Aug-98 servis@purdue.edu wrote:
> *- Bill Blackwell wrote about "Problem with MATLAB 5.2.1 and Debian 2.0"
>| Hi,
>|    When I recently upgraded to Debian 2.0, MATLAB died.  I've taken
>|
>| Have any of you run into this?  What's the fix?  Mathworks is giving me
>| the ol' "It works with RedHat" song and dance.
>|

> I hate that excuse!  Hopefully when the FHS and LCS get put into place
> and accepted this will not be an issue.

Possibly. Let's hope that project develops cleanly: it's long overdue.

Meanwhile, MathWorks should not be criticised. They are prepared to support
MatLab on Linux, provided it's being used on a distribution they've checked
it out on. This happens to be RedHat. MatLab might be *expected* to work on
most, if not all, decent Linux distributions, but given the diversity of
configurations around it's unreasonable to expect it to be *guaranteed*.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Date: 17-Aug-98                                       Time: 18:57:34