Re: OFF-TOPIC (How do you guys sort your mail?)

*- Marcus Brinkmann wrote about "Re: OFF-TOPIC (How do you guys sort your mail?)"
| On Sun, Aug 16, 1998 at 11:38:11AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
| > On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 02:46:19 +0800 (PHT), Richard L. Alhama wrote:
| >
| > >How do you guys sort all this mail?
| >
| >     Well, with Pine I'd recommend Procmail.  However, if you're using Exim it
| > has filtering capabilities of its own.
|
| I didn't knew that. I use exim and fetchmail+procmail. Would you recommend
| fetchmail+exim+exim's filter instead?
|
| Do you have an example configuration for the Debian lists?

I just recently changed from smail+fetchmail+procmail to
exim+fetchmail+exim-filters.  Seems to work fine.  Check
http://www.exim.org for online docs.  For exim filters your .forward
becomes your filter file.  This is mine, it is my first go at getting
it setup so it may not be pretty, but it works.  You have to have the
'# Exim filter' on the first line of the file.

# Exim filter
if error_message then finish endif

if $h_X-Mailing-List: contains debian-user or
   $h_X-Mailing-List: contains debian-changes
then
   save /home/servis/Mail/debian
endif

if $h_X-Mailing-List: contains debian-devel
then
   save /home/servis/Mail/debian-devel
endif

if $h_X-Comment: contains Samba