Re: ssh problem

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, George Bonser wrote:

 :
 : I have two systems that are fresh installs of Debian. I have installed ssh
 : on both. I can use ssh to get from one to the other without a password. I
 : can not go the other way. Both the /etc/ssh and the ~/.ssh directories and
 : the home directories on both systems are identical in content and
 : permissions.
 :
 : If I try to go from sys1 to sys2, all is OK.
 : If I got from sys2 to sys1, it asks for my sys2 passphrase every time.
 : Why?
 : The passphrase is much longer than my password.

One way to accomplish this is to assign a null passphrase to each ssh
key.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD