Re: xemacs error with ctrl-z!

>>>>> "tlg" == the lone gunman <lgunman@sewage.debian.org> writes:

  tlg> My xemacs 20.4 has a nasty characteristic when I hit "Ctrl-Z" to
  tlg> suspend it.  The cursor jumps to the bottom of the screen, and
  tlg> everything moves up one line.  Typically, as with plain emacs, I get a
  tlg> prompt, but with the xemacs I have installed, this does not happen.  I
  tlg> can type away, anything, to my heart's content, and nothing happens.
  tlg> The characters are echoed on the screen, but have no effect.  I tried
  tlg> hitting Ctrl-Z again, but that does nothing.  I tried the following
  tlg> commands: reset, clear, fg, bg, exit...  none of them had any effect.
  tlg> I also tried the xemacs exit command "Ctrl-X Ctrl-C" and that didn't
  tlg> do anything.
  tlg>
  tlg> If I hit Ctrl-C, xemacs asks me if I want to autosave, then dumps core
  tlg> and exits!  What gives?  Has anyone else had this problem?
  tlg>
  tlg> Note: this is only on the console -- Ctrl-Z seems to be okay under X.

This is a known bug with XEmacs running with gpm on the console.
Uninstall gpm, or use Emacs (or X11!).

--
Eric Marsden
emarsden @ mail.dotcom.fr