Two problems, PCI Modem and Suspend locks up terminal
- To: "Debian User List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Two problems, PCI Modem and Suspend locks up terminal
- From: "Matthew Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:37:15 -0500
- Message-id: <01bdc96e$cca20e40$0101a8c0@ds9>
I have two problems. I am running bo on both my desktop computer and my
laptop. I have been very please with both.
I have recently installed a PCI modem in my desktop and the kernel doesn't
recognize the PCI device. The bios reports it as:
Simple COMM Controller (I assume that this means a serial port.)
If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.
I have a Dell Latitude M233XT laptop running Bo. I have it setup so that it
enter suspend mode/standby when I close the lid. After I open the lid and
it resumes, it will be fine for 5 to 30 seconds and then will lock up the
virtual console I am on. It only locks the one console and I can't switch
to another with the ALT-F? keys. I can telnet into it through the network
and shutdown just fine, so it has to be just the one console. Also, this
problem does not happen if I am on the Xwindows console when I close the
Both systems are running Kernel 2.0.33.