Re: xterm-debian

Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:
> I just upgraded to 2.0, I was running an old pre-2.0. Now when I ssh to a
> remote server I get complaints about the lack of a terminfo entry for
> xterm-debian.
>
> Isn't there a way to add a terminfo entry in my remote home directory?
> How? Or is there a better solution?

	$ infocmp xterm-debian > xterm-debian.ti

will put the terminfo entry for `xterm-debian' into the file.
You can probably `scp' that file over to the remote machine.  Once you
login to the remote m/c., just do a

	$ tic xterm-debian.ti

This will cause it to compile the terminfo entry and create a
`$HOME/.terminfo/x/xterm-debian' file.  You may need to set the
TERMINFO variable to point to `$HOME/.terminfo'.

- Hari