Installation Problem on Quantum IDE Harddisk

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to report this issue.

I have a Quantum IDE HD wich works fine,
After installing the Debian system onto it and rebooting the system it
only shows a message reporting
'invalid partition table' although i use the boot:
option 'linux hd=1056,16,63' to make Linux detect the harddisk
correctly. I found no cure for this even after rewriting the disk,
destroying all partitions,reformatting etc...

Please help, this is a rather urgent problem.
Thank You.