Cheap*Bytes 2.0 CD-ROM

I bought the $1.99 2.0 CD-ROM from Cheapbytes to do the hamm upgrade to my
system.

Got it in the mail Friday, brought it home, took my wife to see Saving
Private Ryan, we got home at 1am, she fell asleep instantly, I couldn't so
I tried doing the upgrade.  The upgrade script on the CD was broken, I
believed, and figuring that you don't exactly expect tech support for
$1.99, particularly around 3:30am Saturday morning, I wrote to debian-user
about the problem and asked if anyone had been able to use the CD for an
upgrade.  I figured either I was broken, the script was broken, or the
distribution on the CD was broken.  Got a message in the morning from
someone on the list telling me that there was a problem with the script
and I'd have to hack it b/c in the dist. at the time the CD was burned
some libraries weren't where the script expected--so there hadn't been a
problem with Cheapbytes, but rather with the dist. at the time.

Imagine my suprise when I came home this evening to find email from
Cheapbytes with a fixed script.  Someone from Cheapbytes had seen my
list post on a usenet mirror, took a look at the script, saw the problem,
fixed it and emailed it to me without my ever having contacted Cheapbytes
in the first place.

Script worked great.

So that should answer any questions anyone might have about ordering from
Cheapbytes, and put the lie to the folks on some of the newsgroups
constantly griping about companies selling $1.99 CDs.  When is the last
time anyone got an email from Bill Gates saying "I heard you have a
problem...here's the fix."

Jason