Re: X-windows

>My problem is that I can only get X running in 320x200 mode. I
>configured the XF86Config file using XF86Setup. My video card is an OEM
>from Gateway - it's meant to be an STB Nitro DVD. I heard somewhere that
>it has a riva128 chipset, and I know that it has 4 megs RAM. In the
>XF86Setup program I chose riva128 as the card type from the card menu. I
>tried alot of the modes given in the modes section (up as far as
>1024x<whatever>) but I got the same resolution for all of them. I'm
>guessing that it was 320x200, cos it looked so bad, and from looking at
>the XF86Config file. In case it's any help here's the file :

I think your problem is acutally with your monitor settings.  XF86 seems
to be convinced that your monitor can only handle 320x200, so no matter
what you have for a video card, that's the best you will do.
Presumably, this is not the appropriate configuration for the monitor.
You'll want to check out the monitor part in XF86Setup.

By the way, Did YOU actually enter 320x204 at some point?  I think
that's probably wrong.. I've never seen that before...

					-Michael

Another note:  remember the CTRL-ALT-KPD_Plus and CTRL-ALT-KPD_Minus for
changing modes.  I don't think it will work now with your config the way
it is, but it you'll need it later.