Re: Checking dependencies

Hi,
>>"Ed" == Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@greene.xtn.net> writes:

 Ed> Robert Ramiega wrote:
 >>
 >> Hi!
 >> I have one problem: How can i check which packages depend on specific
 >> package?

	pkg-deptree and pkg-revdeps maybe of use here. They belong to
 pkg-order package. These do precisely that. Look at an example for
 procps below.

	manoj

	Packages that depend on procps
__> pkg-deptree procps
procps
  libproc-dev
  pscol
  tkps
  xproc

	The packages procps depends on
__> pkg-revdeps procps
procps
  libc6
    ldso
  ncurses3.4

PKG-DEPTREE(1) User Contributed Perl Documentation PKG-DEPTREE(1)

NAME
       pkg-deptree - A Package dependency tretty printing tool.

SYNOPSIS
        usage: pkg-deptree [options] [reg-exp [reg-exp ...]]
        where the options are:

       --nocheck-recommends

       --check-recommends Check Recommends too. [OFF]

       --nocheck-suggests

       --check-suggests   Check Suggests too.   [OFF]

       --installed-packages <Package-file-for-installed-packages>

DESCRIPTION
       This utility prints out a dependency tree of installed
       packages, optionally taking a list of space separated
       regular expressions on the command line to limit the
       starting points. If no regular expressions are given, then
       all installed packages shall be displayed.

        The default is to assume that the list of installed packages may be
        derived from the file I</var/lib/dpkg/status>, but the user may
        override this by providing a I<Packages> file listing all the
        packages that are assumed to be installed.

PKG-REVDEPS(1) User Contributed Perl Documentation PKG-REVDEPS(1)

NAME
       pkg-revdeps - A Package reverse dependency pretty printing
       tool.

--
 Do not underestimate the value of print statements for
 debugging. Don't have aesthetic convulsions when using them, either.