Re: Checking dependencies

Robert Ramiega wrote:

>   Hi!
>  I have one problem: How can i check which packages depend on specific
> package?

	I don't know of a direct way to do this.  'dpkg -I' requires the
presence of the actual *.deb file, and it won't tell you what packages
depend on that package.  The dpkg system does not store that info with
each package (i.e. what packages depend on this one).  You could use
dselect to find out.  In dselect, first install the package and then
issue a purge of it.  All other packages which are dependant on it
should complain loadly at this point (you'll get a dependency resolution
screen).  This however only works if all the packages which depend on
the one in question, are already installed.  There is no way to find out
about dependencies on a given package from uninstalled packages.

--
Ed C.