Re: Netscape Navigator

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Sheehan wrote:

> Hello,
> i was wondering was there a .deb package for Netscape Navigator any where
> - I've looked at debian.org for it but all I found was some sort of
> install package - not actually netscape. I also tried looking in some of
> the FAQ's at debian.org, but nothing there either.

Debian can not distribute the actual Navigator package.  Basically you
have to download netscape from Netscape's ftp sites place them in the
/temp dir (I think) and then install the .deb package which unpacks and
installs it.  It is just licensing stuff but the installer worked well for
me, hope this helps.

Ehren

Cooperative Education Student          ewilson@bunny.powersurfr.com
Dept of Chem Eng, U of Alberta                  PGP key ID A1EC5985

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat
and wrong.         -- H. L. Mencken