CD images

Hi,
   I would like to write a new set of deb-CD's (in a hurry, I want them
carted off to a faraway place -- with no web access) and would like to
know the follwing
(1) Where on earth are the images kept? .. All the sites I have visited
seem to keep refering and re-refering me to different places, which in
turn
(2) I don't have access to rsync. Can I download the images through
straight ftp.
(3) Most importantly, will the images suffer if they are tarred 'n gziped
for transfer

	Regards
--
Jonathan Lawson
Thermal Processes Unit

					'They came forth from unholy darknesses ...
					 and were driven back by the rage of Angels'