Re: Copying only root directory

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Randy Edwards wrote:

 : Until I get to the root partition, that is.  I've been through a
 : half-dozen books reading up on cp and dd and various commands and I
 : can't come up with a way to copy only the subdirectories on my 64 meg /
 : partition to the new / partition.  I know this is an easy one; can
 : someone shed some light on me please?  Thanks in advance.

mount /dev/newrootdevice /mnt
cd /
find . -xdev | cpio -padm /mnt

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD