Re: Silly Question... VERY simple :)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> Hmm. I prefer Schildt's C the complete reference.

Haven't tried it myself, but on comp.lang.c.moderated they are always
calling him "Shit" and generally degrading the guy. So I was discouraged
from doing so. ;-)

K&R is a very concise if occasionally not-so-thorough reference. C is a
fairly small and simple language.

> Is there any compiler-specific documentation (esp wrt to graphics and
> low-level hardware/system stuff)?

There is documentation on gcc/egcs, yes, 'info gcc' should pull it up.
Graphics and hardware would mostly be a kernel or X issue, not the
compiler. You could look at the kernel console code and some X server
code, and the specs for the hardware you want to program.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp