Re: xdm starts local server

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 03:20:30PM +0200, joost@pc47.mpn.cp.philips.com wrote:

> Why you get different behaviour from xdm and start might be explained by
> this:  There's a script /etc/X11/Xsession that claims to be run by both
> xdm and xinit (to which startx is a wrapper.)  The script seems to look
> for ~/.xsession only though.  Maybe it isn't run after all from xinit on
> Debian systems.  That means that the comments in the file are misleading.
 There must be something more than this. Earlier this week i switched to XDM
from startx. Now when i turn off xdm and startx instead i do not have any
window manager running (i'm certain thath i didn't change anything in any of
below mentioned files; almost the only thing that spring to my mind is upgrade
of xbase to latest 2.0 <<from frozen>>)

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source