HELP! Toshiba Satellite Pro 490XCDT

Unbelievable!  I get a new job -- great.  I tell them I'll need a
portable and they say "yes" -- great again.  I go away to sort out
the spec. I'll need --- and a machine arrives with my name on it
before I speak to anyone, it's one I was considering and it's very
high spec. --- potentially great...

     BUT....

is it Debian compatible?  I've seen enough of Debian over my
struggles to install it on an old tower in the last months to know I'm
hooked and will want to have the portable dual boot w95 (boo, hiss
but...) and Debian.

Anyone know if a Toshiba Satellite Pro 490XCDT will handle
Debian.  My sense is that the key issue will be the video or
perhaps the mouse.  The WWW tells me the video is:
==== what follows obtained from Toshiba UK on WWW
          S3 ViRGE/MX chipset
          VGA/SVGA compatible
          2MB VRAM
          PCI Local Bus support
          BitBlock graphics accelerator

          Display
          13.3" (30.7cm) diagonal display size
          1024 x 768 pixel resolution
          Black Matrix TFT colour LCD
          Up to 65,536 million colours, simultaneous internal/external
display mode.

          SVGA
          SVGA
          640x480, 256 colours int/ext/sim @ 85Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          640x480, 65,536 colours int/ext/sim @ 85Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          800x600, 256 colours int/ext/sim @ 85Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          800x600, 65,536 colours int/ext/sim @ 85Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          1024x768, 256 colours ext/sim @ 85Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          1024x768, 65,536 colours ext/sim @ 60Hz Non-interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.
          1280x1024, 256 colours ext/sim @ 87Hz Interlaced
(external) user selectable, 60Hz simultaneous mode.

          Note: Where a resolution is shown as possible with
simultaneous mode but not internal mode, this will involve the use
of a 'virtual desktop display' on the internal display to
          achieve the desired resolution on the LCD.
==== end of Tosh stuff ====

Anyone know?  Anyone got reliable guesses?  Reply to me and I'll
summarise to the list if anyone wants and, if I got this way, I'll let
you know!

Chris (not sure whether has stupid grin or rotten egg on face)