Re: GNOMEish Window Manager

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Damon Muller wrote:
Hi Damon

> WindowMaker is another one I use sometimes, but when apps are iconised,
> they sit behind the panel, which is annoying. Also tried IceWM, which is
> a little ugly (IMHO), and already had a start-bar type thing, which
> again sits behind the panel (yes, I think you can move the panel, but I
> like it at the bottom)

Check out windowmaker.org for a link on setting up wmaker with gnome.
I forgot the URL for that.  You can move the panel anywhere on your
desktop if the icons in wmaker goes behind the panel.  All wm's are good
for GNOME0.20 IMHO.

> Surely I'm not the only one who has investigated GNOME. What WMs do
> other people use to make it look as cool and integrated as KDE.

I use E14 for coolness.

Admiral Charah
Tech Support, Cyberspace Laoag, ISP
http://www2.csi.com.ph/~keyoz
"Overuse of the smiley is  mark of loserhood" --The Jargon File V4.0.0