Connectivity in Germany

Hi all,

I am a debian user and I'm going to be traveling to Germany in a couple
of weeks.  I was wondering if any one knows if my American spec'd laptop
will work if I purchase a transformer, and could I use my current
Megahertz modem to dial the internet?  Also, does anyone one know of a
cheap ISP that I could get a temporary account from?  I will be there
(Augsburg) for two weeks and need (addiction...) to be connected so I
can check up on my Debian server and email.
Another thought I had was to just find the nearest Internet Cafe, but
then I do not know how effective that would be because I have never been
to one.  Plus, I only speak English.  Any tips would be appreciated =)

Thanks,
Gregory Green