Re: xfstt not working

On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 06:58:16AM -0400, Keith Vance wrote:
> Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> > xfstt 0.9.7 is the version in hamm. That was before I became maintainer.
> > ONLY version sprior to 0.9.9-3 (or so) need to be on port 7101.
> >

> I am running xfstt 0.9.7.

I thought so :)

> > xfstt 0.9.7 still uses port 7100

[snip]

> Instead of messing around with an old version of xfstt sould I just get
> the newer version?

I would recommend it...it will save you agrevation in the future.
If you don't,.,...then upgrad elater you will have to go through font placement
and port numbers all over again...also...

the new version is a bit ":better"

1) It suports multiple connections (my own hack)
2) it solves some weird memory bugs
3) it supports more font types/encodings
4) it can be start and stopped from an init.d script easily

-Steve
...who says theres no tech support for Linux? :)

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"