xfstt not working

Prior to installing Debian 2.0 my xfstt font server worked fine. I
understand that I need to load xfstt with port 7101, but it still
doesn't work. I installed the debian package for xfstt. What exactly do
I need to do to make this work. Sometimes installing the Debian package
can be more of pain than just installing it manually. When I installed
xfstt before upgrading it took me about 10 minutes to get it working, I
installed in manually not with a debian package. I had xfstt loading in
a startup script so it was available everytime my system boots. Does
installing the Debian package automatically load xfstt, or do I have to
do that myself. If I type xfstt in my shell nothing happens.
--
Thanks,
Keith