Re: What dist is vararg.h in?

Doug Thistlethwaite <doug.t@deltanet.com> writes:
| Well, I bit the bullet and installed HAMM last night.  Everything went
| pretty well with only a few error messages during the install.
|
| I have noticed that some of the include files I have been using in a C
| project are now missing.
|
| One of them is "sys/vararg.h"  Which package is this in & what is the
| best way for me to figure out where these things are in the future.

Is that vararg.h or varargs.h? If you really are talking about
vararg.h then you're probably out of luck. It doesn't seem to be on
any of my Unix boxes, e.g., Linux, SGI IRIX6.2, SunOS 4.x.

If you meant varargs.h then it is in the base gcc package, among
others:

% dpkg -S varargs.h

gcc: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.3/include/varargs.h
checker: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linuxchecker/2.7.2.3/include/varargs.h
g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-2.90.29/include/varargs.h

only it's not in "sys".

You should be aware that the use of varargs.h won't necessarily be
portable because it's not ANSI. Instead you might want to look at
stdarg.h (man stdarg) which is ANSI, and see if it suits your needs.

Gary