Re: xf86config && libraries ....

Nuno Carvalho wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  At the moment i'd two problems :
>
>  1. on my xf86config file I had the Videoram commented on Section
> "Device":
>
>         Section "Device"
>               #VideoRam 4096
>
>  I already uncommented it and X worked also!
>  Should I let such line commented !?

Probably doesn't matter. The proper videoram ammount is autodetected
fine for most cards.

> 2. I installed Communicator 4.5b1 but I got the following error :
>
>      $ ./netscape
>         can't load library 'libXt.so.6'
>
>  I had such file !! I already installed xlibg6 and xlibg6-dev packages
> !!
>  I already ran ldconfig and ldd netscape gives me that such files are
> not found !!
>  I also export to PATH environment /usr/X11R6/lib such as also created
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable !!

Sounds like you grabbed the libc5 compiled communicator. You'll either
need to download older libc5 library versions of the above mentioned
libraries from section 'oldlibs' or you'll need to download the
Linux-glibc build of communicator from Netscape's ftp site.