Re: Changing shell

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:

: Hello,
:
: What is the command that a user can use to change their default shells?  I did
: it once long ago and have purged that part of my memory...

chsh

kepler:~ $ man chsh

NAME
       chsh - change login shell

SYNOPSIS
       chsh [-s login_shell] [user]

DESCRIPTION
       chsh  changes  the  user login shell.  This determines the
       name of the user's initial login command.  A  normal  user
       may only change the login shell for their own account, the
       super user may change the login shell for any account.

Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD
mailto:finn@midco.net             http://www.midco.net
finger finn@kepler.midco.net for PGP Key: (0xA33B86E9)