RE: Was the release of Debian 2.0 put on Linux Announce?

I may be out to lunch on the following but I believe we're zeroing in on
something anyway. That's what lists are all about, right?

One thing I've gotten out of the thread is that RH and SUSE, (etc) are not
adhering to standards but have the market share. Therefore comercial apps
provide distributions of their software for those Linux distributions. Since
Debian does not follow RH or SUSE, it does not follow the "standard" set by
those dists, and therefore there's something of a deviation between us and
them.

My questions are:
How is debian different w/r/t RH/SUSE?

Is this difference fundamental (filestructure diffs? ) or simpley different
packaging schemes. (maybe not "simply")

Like the Netscape package installer, can't other commercial apps be
installed on a debian system?

Ed