Re: How to clone debian system to another hard drive

Hi Tom,
I have read from this mini-howto (point 4.) the following:
"...(Note: Contrary to what the man page states,
the command "mkfs -t ext2 -c /dev/hdb1" doesn't check for bad blocks under
any of Red Hat, Debian or Slackware.)..."

Is it true for Debian?

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> Scott,
>
> It may help if you read over this mini-HOWTO which covers this exact
> topic:
>
> http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade.html
>
> I've used the first copy method (with everything on one partition) many
> times with no problem. It also gives several other variations of how to
> copy depending on your setup.
>
> One thing to check is if you have a /proc directory on the new disk,
> because you usually need to do that manually.
>
> Tom
>
> Scott Hill wrote:
> >
> > I am quite a beginner.  I am trying to make a clone of my hamm  (disk A)
> > to another

[...]

Eugene Sevinian