dselect and getting rid of dependency complaining without installing packages.

Hi,

This has been bugging me for awhile and now I guess I'll ask what to do
about it. I've been using glibc Netscape 4.5pre1 for awhile now and I
installed it with dpkg -i --force-depends using the NS4 debian
installer. Whenever I use dselect I always have to exit with 'Q' or else
it will keep on telling me Netscape needs all these old libs which it
really doesn't. I was hoping the slink NS installer would be smart about
this but it looks like it's the exact same version as the hamm. Can I
just get dselect to shut up about it?

Thanks,
Christopher