Re: Mounting Win95 Shares with samba

On: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:53:10 +0800 (WST) Lindsay Allen writes:

> Have you any ideas on what this is trying to tell me?
> elm# smbmount  //gum/h /mnt
> Password:
> SMBFS: need mount version 6
> mount error: Invalid argument
> Please look at smbmount's manual page for possible reasons
>
> Running 2.1.105 if that makes a difference.

Maybe, that you need some never versions of the smbmount/smbumount
utilities.  I didn't tries the 2.1.x series that much yet (I couldn't
get even ifconfig lo to work), so I can't test smbmount on my system.

Look into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/smbfs.txt, there
should be the location where you can download them (at least it was
there in the 2.0.x series).

	Torsten