RE: LILO Problem

The prompts you are referring to aren't LILO prompts. When you run
liloconfig
LILO isn't installed as the master boot loader on your system another
program
is (I can't recall the name of the program that is used, but look thru
the
liloconfig script for details and then look into the appropriate /usr/doc
subdirectory for boot manager configuration options.)

Alternatively, skip liloconfig and create your own lilo.conf file that
installs
lilo as master boot loader. You have a lot more options available and a
lot
more features as well (lilo can load a boot sector from a logical
partition or load
the kernel directly from a logical partition for example, the boot
manager used with
bo can only load boot sectors from primary partitions.)

Tony Richardson

On Wednesday, July 29, 1998 11:15 AM, Matthew D. Myers
[SMTP:mmyers@ourtownusa.net] wrote:
> I recently decided to install LILO on my laptop.  According to the
HOW-TO