Re: Help required SB16 PnP

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Christopher Barry wrote:

> I have a pnp bios, and I believe that is supposed to make things easier
> some how, but I know you can still get the card to work without a pnp

Most PnP bioses have an option that says something like "PnP Aware OS".
If you set this to 'no', the bios will then initialize the card for you
and you won't have to deal with isapnp.  If you're not using the default
settings for you card (top of the list produced by pnpdump), however,
you'll have to change some other settings in your bios.  Usually there's a
section which has a listing of all the slots on your motherboard.  By
default, these are set to get assigned an IRQ automatically, you would
have to change it so that the slot with your sound card gets the IRQ that
you want it to.

Eric.