Re: Partition size

I tried setting the size of my root partion at 250, /usr at 150, /var at
100, and swap at 16 (approx. numbers). However, now when I try to install
the default stuff (using the DIALUP-type-system choice in the
installation), I have even less space available for everything than I did
the first time around when I just had two partitions plus swap. So, I'm
thinking maybe I should go back to just having one partition for root and
one for swap.

Is there any great advantage to having /usr and /var on their own partitions?

Thanks.