Re: Help: Upgrade to Hamm failed !?

autoup.sh and dselect are pretty smart, but they are not brilliant.  You
do need to clean up after dselect occasionally by running dpkg manually.

I suggest you start to clean up your system by getting the instructions for
manually upgrading to hamm (from the same place you got autoup.sh prolly)
and checking to see that all the listed packages were successfully installed.
If not, you will need to fix these problems first.

Try to identify the most critical broken packages.  Try to find out why
they did not install cleanly.  Sometime, you can fix a dependency
problem by fetching a package manually and installing it manully with
dpkg -i foobar.deb.  Once you fix one problem, see what else will
conifure with dpkg --configure.

There is such a thing as a ppp package in hamm, but I think thats been
downgraded from "standard" to "optional" now.  ppp-pam is the
"standard" package.

Mike