Re: Printer.................

"phillip Neumann" wrote:
  >  Im looking for a graphical interface for having my printer "under
  >control".  What would be a good software??

Try the package printop.

  >I dont understand good the difference between lpr and lprng. What are
  >the difference?? Is one "better'' than other ??

  The  LPRng  software  is an enhanced, extended, and portable  version
  of the Berkeley LPR software (the standards UNIX printer spooler)
  You can use this for local and remote printers."

also

"                                      ABSTRACT
                  The  LPRng  software  is an enhanced, extended, and
               portable version of the Berkeley LPR software.   While
               providing  the  same general functionality, the imple-
               mentation is completely new and provides  support  for
               the  following  features:  lightweight  (no  databases
               needed) lpr, lpc, and lprm programs; dynamic  redirec-
               tion  of  print  queues; automatic job holding; highly
               verbose diagnostics; multiple printers serving a  sin-
               gle  queue;  client  programs  do not need to run SUID
               root; greatly enhanced security checks; and a  greatly
               improved permission and authorization mechanism."

So that means better, in the authors' opinion, at least.

I can't help about your Canon 4100 filter.

     "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then
      peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of
      mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without
      hypocrisy."     James 3:17