Re: logged out automatically because of excess idle time

/etc/autolog.conf:
# Enter a regular expression for the username, group and tty line.
# All three expressions must be matched before the rest of the line
will
# be applied to any process.  If the process has been idle (or
connected)
# more than "idle" minutes, autolog will attempt to kill the
process.  If
# idle=0, the process is exempt.  If "nowarn" is asserted, the user
will
# not be warned that it is about to be killed.   After "grace"
seconds,
# autolog will attempt to kill the process.  If "mail" is asserted,
mail
# will be sent to the user telling how his process met its end.  If
"hard"
# is asserted, the process will be killed after "idle" minutes
# of total session time (rather than idle time).

name=root line=tty[1-7] idle=0
name=guest idle=5 grace=60 nomail hard
name=ppp-.* line=ttyS2 idle=0
# line=pty.* idle=30 grace=30 nomail nolog
group=games idle=10 grace=60
group=lynx.* idle=10 grace=60 clear
#idle=60
^^^^^^^^

Worked for me, dunno if this has been answered yet or not...

later,
troy

Troy Hanson
troy@dakota.net