Re: logged out automatically because of excess idle time

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Eric wrote:

: I don't think that using ps would show you if idled is running or not.  At
: least, on my hamm system, I can't find a way to use ps to show me _all_
: processes (including daemons).  I always found this odd, since a
: home-grown Linux system that I always use does show every process when
: using 'ps aw' (even init).  You could take a look at all the
: '/proc/<pidnum>/cmdline's to see if it's running.

`ps awx'

[ man ps ]
       a    show processes of other users too
       x    show processes without controlling terminal
       w    wide  output:  don't truncate command lines to fit on
            one line.  To be exact, every  w  that  is  specified
            will  add another possible line to the output. If the
            space isn't needed it isn't used. You may up  to  100
            w's.

Straight from the man-page, typos and all :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104