Re: Diald problem

Hi,
On Sun, Jul 26, 1998 at 10:43:56AM +0800, Jieyao wrote:

> I am having some problem with diald. Iam using it with ppp and ip masquerade.
> I have an internal network which I assign the standard 192.168.0.x This  is
> working fine. The modem is connected to the linux box. If I don't use diald,
> pppd works fine and I am able to go out using ip masquerade, no problem.
>
> Now, the problem start when I add diald. When it dial out, it some how does
> not change the default route from pointing at sl0 to ppp0 so the network can't
> go out. So what I do is at the ip-up and ip-down scripts I manually delete the
> default sl0 before ppp is up and add default sl0 when ppp is down. This makes
> it work. But am I doing it correctly? I thought diald is supposed to handle all
> this rerouting??
Yes, it is.

Do you have defaultroute in your diald.options file? Below is my
diald.options.
connect-timeout 200
fifo /etc/diald/diald.ctl
redial-timeout 5
ip-down /etc/diald/ip-down
ip-up /etc/diald/ip-up
accounting-log /var/log/diald.log
mode ppp
crtscts
modem
lock
device /dev/ttyS2
speed 115200
local 194.222.63.202
remote 158.152.1.222
pppd-options 194.222.63.202:158.152.1.222
defaultroute
connect /etc/diald/connect
include /etc/diald/standard.filter

> TIA