Re: Upgrade to 2.0

On: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 00:33:26 +1000 (EST) Chris  writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just a question:
>
> I have an EXTREMELY important machine running debian 1.3.  I can't
> afford this machine to be down for an extended period of time, nor
> for massive reconfiguring.  I would, however, like to upgrade to
> 2.0.  Is it possible to do this without causing those problems?

You will have some downtime of services (e.g., news server) while
installing and configuring the new packages.  Except for some minor
problems due to the beta status (march 1998) of some packages, the
update went without any problems for me.

I would except the 2.0 release to flawlessly update your system.

	Torsten