Re: install help ?libc5?

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, John McPeek wrote:

> I just down loaded and installed the 2.0 release.  I got though the
> install and selected the standard package for dselect to install.  After
> hours of down load time I get the message that perl cant be installed
> because of a libc5 conflict and shortly there after I got pages of
> similar errors (libc5) until dselect stop because of all the errors.  I
> thought 2.0 was suposed to use libc6.  Did I put in the wrong directory
> (dists/stable/main)?

Try to install libc5 from the oldlibs directory first then install libc6
Then do the normal dselect.  Hope this helps

> And another thing.  I had a problem with pon last week.  I asked for
> help but the responses didn't do much for me.  I did however end up
> swaping out my old USR Sportster 14.4 for my newer USR 33.6 (both were
> set to com2 IRQ 3).  The 33.6 worked perfectly.  Then I put the 14.4 in
> my win95 box and it worked just fine.  I had a problem a first, but I
> set the dip switches to the factory defaults and all was good.  I stuck
> the 14.4 back in the linux box and still nothing.  Does anyone know how
> I can get the linux box to talk to my 14.4 (by the way both modems are
> internals)?

do
man pppconfig.

                  /\  Richard L. Alhama, Technical Support
 ,,''             \/  Cyberspace Laoag,ISP
  ``,,                http://www2.cyberspace.com.ph/~keyoz
"Overuse of the smiley is a mark of loserhood!" --The Jargon File
  *''