Telnet

Hi everyone,

Before I ask my question I want to give you all an update. I have posted
here before when I was having a problem with my nic card not working and
all the suggestions as to what could be the problem are greatly
appreciated.  I would like to say that I figured out what the problem was
but I can't. I just played with it a little and it started to work. <gasp>
Sounds like a MS operating system <G>

Heres my next question,

Now that that I got everything working, I was telneting into my linux box
and just playing around.

One thing I have noticed is that I cannot login as root across a telnet
connection.
Anyone tell me why?  And if its possible to change that to were I can login
through telnet?

I want to be able to have a computer were I can login through telnet and do
about anything. And no I'm not worried about security, it's not even going
to get connected to the internet just my lan.

Thanks