Re: dot files

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Will Lowe wrote:

> > How can I make GIMP show dotfiles?
> I think this is a gtk-wide thing ... not sure how to go about fix it,  but
> all my gtk-using apps don't show dotfiles.
>
> > I should get a book can someone recommend a good one?  Not linux for
> > dummies please.
> If you're not a unix person,  try "Running Linux" by Matt Walsh,
> www.ora.com.  Also,  there's a Debian book, http://www.linuxpress.com has
> it.
Thanks.  Now I'll somehow find a way to acquire it.  It's kinda hard to
get good books in my country.  Maybe I'll just tell my relatives in the US
to buy me one

> 						Will

                  /\  Richard L. Alhama, Technical Support
 ,,''             \/  Cyberspace Laoag,ISP
  ``,,                http://www2.cyberspace.com.ph/~keyoz
"Overuse of the smiley is a mark of loserhood!" --The Jargon File
  *''