Re: DVD support for linux

Buy a system that you chose all the parts for.  Do *NOT* buy a Compaq,
Gateway, whatever.  You will get whatever they feel like giving you.  I
have found that the pre-built Linux boxes are over priced.

Remember, a capitalist society is the purest form of democracy.  You
vote with your money.  Do you want to support Windows only vendors?  Do
you want to support companies who are not supporting open hardware
standards?  I could go on but you should be getting the point.

Simply, put your money where our mouth is (-:  Debian and Linux is about
open software.  Should we not support open hardware?