xterm-debian and pine problem

Hi,

I just added the xterm-debian terminfo file in the appropriate Solaris 2.6
location on our Solaris machine, in accordance with what
/usr/doc/xbase/README.Debian says.  When I start up an xterm on our
Solaris machine remotely using SSH on our hamm system (Solaris xterm
displayed on hamm system) and then run pine in that xterm I have problems
with the colors.  The colors look something along the lines of what
dselect looks like in an xterm with a white background.  However, the
"highlight" bar that you would normally see when selecting an e-mail to
read from the pine index is not at all visible.  There is no change in the
color of the text that is apparently "below" the highlight bar.  I tryed
reversing the video but the same problem of an "invisible" highlight bar
occurs.  If I do a "set term=xterm" in the very same xterm and then re-run
pine the problem doesn't occur.  Similarly, if I "slogin" into the Solaris
machine and run pine I don't have the highlight problem, even though the
terminal type is set to "xterm-debian."  The problem only seems to occur
if I start up a Solaris xterm via remote from my hamm system.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?  I imagine that the same thing
will happen with other curses based applications that use highlight bars.
Is this a bug in the xterm-debian terminfo file/entry?

Incidentally, I am running Pine 4.02.

Thanks,
-Ossama