installing without a floppy?

Hi-

i'm kicking windows off my disk, and i'd like to put hamm in it's
place.  currently, i'm dual booting between windows and bo, but i'd
like to keep it available, just so i can compare and fiddle with both
of them.

My question is: what's the best way to do this?  i've considered:
- somehow installing hamm off one of the existing ext2 partitions
- somehow installing hamm from a vfat partition
- repartitioning the old disk and essentially backing up all the
  necessary partitions from my bo system to the old disk, then running
  an upgrade

the catch here is that my floppy drive is completely out of
commission.  can this be done?  most of the instructions i've seen
involve copying the disk images to floppy and booting from them...

thanks!

-alan