LPRng & printer Port

HELP!

	I have read every doc i can get my hands on, news groups, & more. I can
not figure out why my printer port is not opening.
	I'm running an X86 based PC, Debian Linux Kernel 2.0.34, I am in the
process of integrating the internal network at our office. I'm still fairly
new to linux been running it for about 5 months or so. Still have lots to
learn.
	I have Netatalk and Samba Running and configured properly. At one point i
did have LPRng Suite working properly as well. Crashed the system and had
to do a complete reinstall. From that point on i have not been able to get
the printer port to open, no matter what i do. Does anyone have any ideas
for me. If i can get the port open i can work on filters later.

HELP!
Thanks
Babs

Thanks,