Re: Moving a life to a dos box

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:29:11 -0400
John McPeek <j_mcpeek@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I just installed GNU/LINUX and I need to get a file (ppp.log) from my
> linux box to my dos box.  As you may be able to tell I am trying to
> learn about unix from books.  My original problem is with making a ppp
> con but I was told to get the file so someone can help me. Just a little
> more help and I can get it. I'm not sure how to access the floppy.

I'm assuming that since you don't know much about Linux, you're using a
standard kernel (as opposed to one you have made yourself), and AFAIK,
all of the standard kernels have DOS file system support.

Put your floppy disk in the disk drive and make sure you are root

type:

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /floppy

cd to the directory where ppp.log is (prolly /usr/log)

type:

cp ppp.log /floppy

umount /floppy

and you're done.

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,