Re: Hard drive spindown settings

Hi...

Um, if this is possible you might want to do a software spin-down thing.
Have a daemon watch for disk activity, and if there is none in a set
amount of time (30 sec?) the hard disk will be suspended and SIGSTOP will
be sent to update. Then the daemon will send SIGCONT to update and spin
the drive back up at a set amount of time later (30 minutes?).

This probably requires some form of kernel hacking.

Alex