Re: Alien and Appliware

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> George Bonser wrote:
> >
> > I once installed applix and have since deleted it and given it away. I am
> > ready to attempt the latest version, 4.3.7, but noted that the patchfiles
> > in /var/lib/alien for applix are a bit dated. Has anyone used alien to
> > generate a deb of Applix recently and were there any oddities I should
> > know about in advance? I am using Hamm with alien and rpm from today's
> > FTP mirror.
>
> The patches are dated because I lack a recent version of applixware to make
> updated ones from. If anyone does build a recent version, I'd like to get a
> patch from you - see gendiff.txt in the alien doc directory for details on
> how to do that.

RedHat has patches from 4.3 to 4.3.7 on their FTP site.

I've tried to apply these 'rhmask' patches, but have been unsuccessful.
There is an incompatibility between rhmask and Debian's md5sums (I think).
If anyone has gotten rhmask to work, please let me know.  I don't want to
install RedHat just to upgrade... or if anyone can upgrade 4.3-developer,
I'd really appreciate it.

-Paul