drivers disk error

I am attempting to install debian with floppies.  I successfully get
through all the installation until I attempt to install the kernel and
modules.  It installs stuff from the rescue floppy fine, but when
installing from the drivers disk, I get the following error:

lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/optcd.o: File exists
star: No such file or directory

Sometimes the optcd.o is replaced with cm206.o in the same error
message, at the same part of the installation.

Can anyone help?

PS. I am trying to install to a section of my hard drive that was
partitioned and compressed by the Win95 Drive Space program.  Is this
wrong?

-jake